Thursday, January 14, 2010

and so it is.

i realise that my blog name, is it?, kind of makes it sound like i'm a new born or something. musings of a new life. haha. yes well. coming up with a blog name was impossible. everything seems to be taken. and so i decided with something. well. i don't know how to put it.

my sister told me to start a blog. again. i told her nobody would read it. and she said she would. so here i am. starting a new blog. after my failed one which stemed back to secondary school angst. that sounds wrong. and there was the other failed one which came about because i wanted to read my sister's blog which she locked. so tadah. here i am. once again blogging.

so, musingsofanewlife? i figured that this year would be kind of a "new life" for me. a start of something new. which is totally a song title from high school musical. i know. disgusting. but ya. i'm starting out a new life i suppose. here in melbourne. leaving behind the comforts of home and starting on this new journey. so yes. this is the musingsofanewlife. that looks like a totally alien word. so there.

i have actually been here, in good ol' melbourne, for awhile now. yes. it has been one month already. i just realised. the past one month has felt like a holiday mostly. like back in 2008 and june 2009 when i came to visit my sister. a one month holiday. but nope, no holiday this time. i'm here to stay for good. well for the next year at least.

sometimes, it still feels kind of strange to wake up and be seeing all these strange things. things that weren't always there when i wake up. i still find it pretty amazing that i'm actually doing this. actually studying in melbourne. yes, i know i should prolly get over it already. but still. it won't be for another 2 months or so before i start school. so yes, more bumming around for me then. i've gotten very used to the bumming life style. i'm afraid i won't be able to readapt to going back to school. crap. but that comes later. so we'll just take it one day at a time shall we.

so being here makes you miss everything back home alot. like my sister said the other time, nobody ever says they miss their family, they only miss their friends. so i shall say it then. i do so miss my mum. i definitely don't miss her nagging. and scolding. but i kind of miss her presence. it's comforting to know you always have someone to go home to. if you know what i mean. and i really miss that silly smelly dog back home. oh what i would give to be able to hug her again. sigh. i miss my dad. but i've gotten quite used to not having him around. all my life it was that way. so yea. but i do still miss him. not his scolding and nagging, of course. but yes. you understand what i mean.

and i miss my friends. long gone are the times when we could just meet up any day/night for supper or whatsoever. yes. i miss being able to just call anyone of them up and yak away. i know they'll still be there when i return at the end of the year. but there's no denying things are going to change. and it's going to suck when that happens. but hopefully, things won't change too drastically.

here are my beautiful friends.

Photobucket
my crazy awesome friends from starbucks. i strangely miss making coffee more than you can imagine.

Photobucket
my lovely jc band mates. to whom i think i bitch the most to.

Photobucket
my awesome awesome awesome secondary school mates. who have known me almost half my life and have tolerated all my crap for the past 7 years or so.

Photobucket
my fantastic alumni mates. who give me a reason to get out of bed that early on a saturday morning.

yes. i miss them all like crap. almost, ALMOST, wished i could be home now. ahwell. and yes, i'll find a way to tweek the stupid format the next time.

so yes. i think i shall end off here. in about 2 weeks time, my sister will be going home. tragically, it feels like everyone is leaving me behind. yes, very dramatic. almost like some hongky drama. but yea well. i guess it's about time i'm left alone to grow up.

my sister was supposed (kind of) to apply for pr/tr/whatever to work here for prolly the next 2 years or so. but the charges were quite horrendously high and the job prospects weren't exactly awesome. so after much delibertion, she decided not to stay. which makes me really sad. cause maybe, just maybe, of all the things i'll miss the most back home, i think i'll miss my sister the most. (yes i know, aww. i'm not just writing this because i know you'll be reading it. ha haha ha ha ha. you know, the ted mosby laugh when he sees naked women) it's been a long 2 and a half years without her at home. i had to bear the brunt of my mum's nagging, which she now has to. ha. but other than that, it was fun to have my sister around. sure we scream at each other all the time. but still, good times good times. i miss going shopping with her. haha. i was hoping she would be able to stay on in melbourne. cause i missed her. but ahwell. guess it'll be another few more years and who knows what after that. yes, i suppose it's time for me to grow up and not depend on my elder sister anymore.

so yes. here we shall start my musingsfromanewlife where i shall dump more angsty, bitchy, emo and altogether nonsensical crap from my everyday life.
so happy reading, yiszetan.

and for the rest of you: why hello there, stranger.

1 comment:

  1. "heh. heh heh. heh heh heh" THAT'S how ted mosby laughs! not, "ha ha ha ha ha." FAIL LAH YOU.

    aiya i also will miss you lah. got no aloo ghobi with me at home, no one to complain to when mother nags like hell, so YOU and aloo ghobi will have to bear MY brunt on msn and skype. MUAHAHAHAHHAHA.

    ps. i will be correcting your Engrisshh here also. tit for tat, yo!

    ReplyDelete